| RTI Act |
POWERS & DUTIES OF OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
DIRECTOR IS THE EXECUTIVE HEAD OF THE LABORATORY
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Realizing the mission of the National Laboratory.
- Creating an environment in the National Laboratory conducive to nurturing of innovation and high class. R&D and the other S&T activities of the Laboratory.
- Managing the affairs of the National Laboratory as per the decisions of the Management Council.
- Director shall in all matters have powers delegated to him by the Governing Body.
SR. CONTROLLER OF ADMINISTRATION (Sr. COA) / CONTROLLER OF ADMINISTRATION (COA)
HEAD OF DIVISIONS/CENTRES (HOD/ HOC):
Sr. COA/COA co-ordinates all the administrative functions starting from recruitment till payment of pension to the retired employees. Administrative function viz. Recruitment and assessment, service matters, payment of salaries, bills general matters, safety, security, vigilance and legal matters, medical services, estate management, etc.
To act as Member-Secretary of the Management Council. To take active role as one of the members of Consultative Mechanism Committee and Local Grievance Committee in respect of grievance matters. COA is also to sign the legal documents, agreements, contracts etc. on behalf of the CSIR. Any other work assigned by the Director from time to time for smooth running of the Laboratory administration.
- HoD/HoC acts as the facilitator for running the R&D/S&T projects programmes of the respective Division/Centre.
- Control of job allocation and supervision of Division/Centres activities.
- Granting and recommending leave of his staff members.
CONTROLLER OF FINANCE & ACCOUNTS (COFA)/FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS OFFICER (FAO):
STORES & PURCHASE OFFICER (SPO):
CoFA co-ordinates the activities relating to preparation of Budget and Budgetary control, preparation of monthly classified abstracts, monthly consolidated accounts, annual accounts and balance-sheet through computerized accounting system i.e. IMPACT (Integrated Management and Project Accounting), Maintenance of Diary Register, Audit Registers, Objection Bood (OB), Cash Book, Cheque Accounting Register, Cheque Issue Register Maintenance of valuable Register, Issue of Receipts, Receipt Stock Register, GPF/CPF Ledgers and Broad Sheets, Long Term Advances/broadsheet, Pre-audit of Bills and recording of corrective action on deficiencies found in the process during the audit and making payment through cheques.
- SPO co-ordinates all activities pertaining to materials management of the laboratory. The core activities of procedures and follow-up applicable for material procurement, inspection, issue, stock entry, inventory record, disposal of surplus unserviceable stores, payment of bills of vendors.
- In order to facilitate smooth functioning regarding the material procurement, the SPO also co-ordinates activities between indentors planning, stores, purchase, accounts, administration, vendors (both Indian and Foreign), statutory agencies like Customs and their agencies like transporters, clearing and forwarding agencies.
Major duties and responsibilities of Scientist are to carry out R&D/S&T activities leading to a Project/Programmes of the Laboratory according to the approved mandate.
- Technical and Supporting Staff Members provides technical support to the R&D Scientists.
- Administrative and Accounts/Stores & Purchase/Security/Laboratory House Keeping activities.