Statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies
Statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies CGCRI is a constituent establishment of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (an Autonomous Body of Government of India). Thereby, it is governed by Society Rules and regulations adopted from time to time.
Functions of the Society
Its functions include the following:
Functions & Powers of the Governing Body
- Review the progress and performance of CSIR.
- Give the policy direction to Governing Body.
- Approve the annual report and yearly accounts of CSIR.
Functions of Advisory Board
- It shall be the function of the Governing Body generally to carry out the object of the Society as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Governing Body shall administer, direct and control the affairs and funds of the Society and shall have authority to exercise all the powers of the Society subject nevertheless in respect of expenditure to such limitations as the Government of India may from time to time impose.
- The Governing Body may delegate powers to Director-General, Directors/Heads of National Laboratory, Management Councils, Controllers of Administration, Project Leaders in the Laboratory and such other officers of the Society as may be necessary for their efficient functioning.
- The Governing Body shall have powers, with the sanction of the Government of India, to frame, amend or repeal bye-laws not inconsistent with these rules for the administration and management of the affairs of the Society.
- The Governing Body shall have the power to enter into arrangements with the Government of India, State Government and other public or private organizations or individuals for securing and accepting endowments, grants-in-aid, donations or gifts to the Society on mutually agreed terms and conditions provided that the conditions of such grant-in-aid, donations or gifts, if any, shall not be inconsistent or in conflict with nature or objects of the Society or with the provisions of these rules.
- The Governing Body shall have the power to take over and acquire by purchase, gift or otherwise, from Government and other public bodies or private individuals willing to transfer the same, libraries, laboratories, museums, collections, immovable properties, endowments or other funds together with any attendant obligations and engagements not in consistent with the object stated in the Memorandum of Association and provision of these rules.
- The Governing Body may by resolution appoint Committees, Sub-Committees, Advisory Board and Panel of Experts for such purposers and with such powers as the Governing Body may think proper.
Functions of Performance Appraisal Board
- Provide S&T inputs to the Governing Body
- Advise CSIR on creating and implementing its vision
- Review major R&D areas of CSIR
- Suggest new R&D perspectives, Networked/Mission oriented programmes and their inter-se priorities
- Any other matter as may be assigned by the Governing Body/Director General.
Functions of Research Council
- Review and appraise the performance of the National Laboratory
- Advise the AB/GB of the outcome of the review
- Suggest the remedial measures to improve the performance of the national laboratory.
- Any other function as may be assigned by the Advisory Board/GB.
Functions of Management Council
- Advise on the formulation of R&D programmes and future directions of activities of the laboratory keeping in view the Five Year Plans, national priorities and opportunity areas.
- Suggest networking with other CSIR National Laboratories on programmes of mutual interest.
- Review R&D activities and research programmes and advise on future directions.
- Advise on fostering linkages between the Laboratory, industry and potential clients.
- Constitute Selection Committees and Assessment Committees/Peer Groups for selection, merit and assessment promotions of Scientific staff.
- Any other function as may be assigned by Director General/Governing Body.
- Administer and manage the affairs and environs of the laboratory
- Write off irrecoverable monetary losses and Stores within the limits prescribed by CSIR
- Recommend the resource allocation for R&D activities/facilities of Lab./Instt.
- Monitor the progress of R&D and other activities of the Lab./Instt.
- Recommend devolution of powers to the Project Leaders for the proper implementation of the projects/activities.
- Approve contract R&D, consultancy projects and licensing of IPR beyond the powers of Director.
- Consider the annual report of the National Laboratory.
- Constitute selection committees and assessment committees for all Technical staff.
- Any other matter, as my be referred by the Director-General.