Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata (a CSIR laboratory) is committed to develop state-of-the-art technologies and allied contract research for its clients in home and abroad. The Institute offers special scientific services within its domain of expertise.
CGCRI is committed to achieving excellence in the science and technology of glass and ceramics through sponsored, grant-in-aid, consultancy or in-house projects. Research activities in CGCRI are primarily directed towards excellence in science, development and transfer of technology capable of translating knowledge to viable technology, and/or serving the nation to fulfill its societal, industrial, strategic and developmental goals and aspirations. In all projects funded by external sources (agency, industry, institution etc.), CGCRI pledges to maintain secrecy and safeguard the interest of its clientele to the maximum possible extent.
CGCRI maintains strict confidentiality about information / data received from the customers and adheres to the terms and conditions arrived at the time of signing agreement. In particular, CGCRI is committed to ensure the following clause:
- CGCRI signs a secrecy agreement (Non Disclosure Agreement, NDA) as per model agreement format of CSIR with customers, assuring protection of data / information revealed to them.
- CGCRI signs an agreement as per the model agreement format of CSIR with customers before transferring a process / technology and conceiving any contract research with its customer / sponsor, as per requirement.
- All Information received from the customers is used only for the specified purpose as stated in the agreement.
- CGCRI does not divulge any details of the project in its internal correspondences / documentation.
- CGCRI reserves authority for printing of information related to such projects in its annual reports and other reports to external agencies (unless otherwise committed by CGCRI beforehand). The Annual Report does not breach the stated terms and condition of the agreement.
- All external communication related to such projects in the press, media, seminar presentation and publication are undertaken only with the express written approval of the Divisional Head and Director.
CGCRI management strives to maintain the high standards of personal and professional ethics in its contract research assignments. In pursuing such assignments care is taken to avoid "conflict of interest".