- Dr Goutam De, Chief Scientist and Head Nanostructured Materials Division admitted as a Fellow of The Royal Society of Chemistry, London.
- Mr Swapan Kumar Saha, Senior Superintending Engineer, Engineering Services Division elected as a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) May 31, 2014. He has also been authorised to use the style and title of Chartered Engineers (India) by the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Dr P Sujatha Devi, Principal Scientist, Nano Structured and Materials Division, has been elected as the Honorary Editor of ‘Transactions’ of the Indian Ceramic Society during the 78th Annual Session of the Indian Ceramic Society held at Jamshedpur during February 2-3, 2015. She has also been elected as the Executive Member of the Council of Materials Research Society of India during the 26th AGM of the MRSI held at Jaipur from February 10-12, 2015.
- Dr Goutam De, Chief Scientist & Head of Nanostructured Materials Division has been inducted as Editorial Board Member for Journal of Chemical Sciences since July 2015
- Dr L K Sharma, Scientist-in-Charge, CSIR-CGCRI Outreach Khurja received the appointment of a new member in American Ceramic Society (AcerS) Corporate Environmental Achievement Award Committee. The appointment is for three years duration for 2015-18. Dr Sharma will chair the committee in third year: 2017-18 as per the roles and responsibilities of the committee members and Chair as given in ACerS constitution
- Dr R N Basu, Chief Scientist and Head, Fuel Cell and Battery Division has been elected as the Chairman of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI) Kolkata Chapter. Being a Chapter Chairman, he will also be the Ex-officio member of the MRSI parent body
- Dr P Sujatha Devi, Principal Scientist, Nanostructured Materials Division has been elected as the ‘Secretary of DNA Society of India’, Kolkata. She has also been re-elected as the Secretary of the Materials Research Society of India, Kolkata Chapter.
- Dr. R. N. Basu, Chief Scientist and Head, Fuel Cell & Battery Division has been elected as Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineers (FNAE).
- Dr Debdulal Saha and Dr Amarnath Sen, Sensors and Actuators Division awarded the First Prize for their paper entitled 'Fullerene derived nanoporous gamma-alumina thick film humidity sensors’ through R. Chandrashekhar Memorial Foundation at the 18th National Seminar on Physics and Technology of Sensors organised by Department of Physics & Electronic Science held during March 6-8, 2014 at Tuljaram Chatruchand College, Baramati, Pune
- Dr Goutam De has also won the National Research Award in Nano Science and Technology for the year 2014 from Nano Mission, DST, Govt. or India.
- Dr Goutam De received the MRSI-ICSC Superconductivity & Materials Science Annual Prize for the year 2014.
- Dr Anoop Mukhopadhyay, Chief Scientist, Materials Characterization Section of Non-Oxide Ceramics Division received the MRSI Gold Medal for 2014 during the Annual General Meeting of MRSI held during February 12-14, 2014 in Bangalore.
- Mr Mitun Das. Bioceramics & Coatings Division received the award in the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering discipline at the Inaugural Session of the 27th National Convention of Metallurgicaland Materials Engineers held on February 6, 2014 at The Institution of Engineers (India), Bangalore
- Dr L. K Sharma, Head, CSIR-CGCRI, Khurja Outreach, received the prestigious award from the American Ceramic Society on January 26, 2014 at its International Conference on Advanced Ceramics & Composites in recognition and appreciation of his contributions to regional cooperation.
- Dr R.N. Basu, Chief Scientist and Head, Fuel Cell and Battery Division of CSIR-CGCRI elected as a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Metals (IIM) with effect from April 01, 2014. The IIM Fellowship Plaque was presented to him on November 14, 2014 in IIM Award giving ceremony held during the 'ATM-NMD 2014' at Pune Engineering College, Pune
- Dr R.N. Basu, Chief Scientist and Head, Fuel Cell and Battery Division of CSIR-CGCRI acted as one of the judges of a distinguished panel of Third Times NIE Science Project Competition on November 15, 2014 held at NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata.
- Sayantan Ray, Biswanath Sa and Jui Chakraborty of Bioceramics & Coating Division received Best Oral presentation award for their paper “A New Way to deliver the versatile antineoplastic agent methotrexate” at the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical and Phramaceutical Sciences and PharmaChem Expo-2014 during October 15-17, 2014 at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad.
- The “Technology on Manufacturing Specialty Borosilicate Glass Bead for Nuclear Waste Immobilization”, developed by CSIR-CGCRI has been selected for NRDC Meritorious Innovation Award for the year 2013. The awardees are: Dr. Ranjan Sen, Chief Scientist; Mr. Sitendu Mandal, Senior Principal Scientist; Mr. Alok Roy Chowdhury, Technical Officer; Dr. Dipali Kundu, Senior Principal Scientist and Mr. Prasanta Chaudhuri, Former Scientist (Retd.) from CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata.
- Dr Mrinmay Pal, Senior Scientist, Fibre Optics and Photonics Division recommended for the prestigious “Raman Research Fellowship Award for the year 2014-15”. He worked in University of Southampton, UK on fibre laser sources.
- Dr Debdulal Saha, Scientist, Sensor & Actuator Division won the First prize for his paper “Fast Response Thin Film Nano-Porous Ceramic Sensor for Pulmonary Function Diagnostics for COPD and Asthma Patients” presented at the National Conference on Innovation in Futuristic Materials & Manufacturing Techniques during December 26-27, 2014 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Manipal University, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- M Bhattacharya, S K Dalui, N Dey, S Bysakh and A K Mukhopadhyay of Advanced Mechanical and Mechanical Charaterization Division won the First prize for their paper entitled “New Dynamic Failure Mechanism of Coarse Grain Alumina at Low Strain Rates” in the Students Session of the International Conference on Alumina and Other Functional Ceramics (AOFC 2015) held at CSIR-CGCRI during March 11-13, 2015
- Aniruddha Samanta of Advanced Mechanical and Mechanical Characterization Division won the First prize for his poster entitled “Au(Core)/Ag(Shell) nanoparticles decoaratedpolyaniline nanowires for fabrication of optical biosensor”in the Poster Session 2 at the International Conference on Emerging Materials Characterization and Application (EMCA-2014) during December 4-6, 2014 at CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata.
- Dr. Arup Ghosh, Chief Scientist and Head, Refractories Division has received 'IRMA Life time Achievement Award' from Indian Refractory Makers Association.
- Dr. S. K. Bhadra and his team from Fibre Optics & Photonics Division for Bagging the CSIR Technology Award 2015 for the Category “INNOVATION” for the Nomination Entitled “Completely Packaged Supercontinuum Light Source
- Anuradha Mitra, Jony Saha and Goutam De received the award for their poster entitled ‘3D Mesoporous Alumina-Ceria Films with Tuned Pore Architectures’ in International Conference on Nano Science and Technology 2014 organised by INST Mohali, during March 2-5, 2014 at Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Sayantan Ray, Biswanath Sa, Jui Chakraborty of Bioceramics & Coating Division won the Best Poster Award for their poster entitled “A New Way of Development of Polymer Encapsulated Ceramic Nanoparticle for Controlled Release Delivery of Methotrexate” in Poster Session 3 at the International Conference on Emerging Materials Characterization and Application (EMCA-2014) during December 4-6, 2014 at CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata.
- Debabrata Maiti, Arindam Saha and P Sujatha Devi of Nanostructured and Materials Division won the Best Poster Award for the presentation entitled "Multifunctional ZnFe2O4 Nanoparticle Based Dual Drug Delivery Platform” during the 26th AGM of the Materials Research Society of India held at Jaipur during February 10-12, 2015.
- Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Shruti A Agarkar and P Sujatha Devi of Nanostructured and Materials Division received First Prize for their poster entitled "Zn2SnO4 Nanostructures as Photoanodes for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells" at the Second International Conference on Nanotechnology and Indo-US Joint Symposium held at Haldia Institute of Technology during February 19-22, 2015.
- Soumita Mukhopadhyay and P Sujatha Devi of Nanostructured and Materials Division received First Prize for their poster entitled “Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity of Al doped ZnO Nanoparticles “in the Poster Session I of the International Conference on Alumina and Other Functional Ceramics (AOFC 2015) held at CSIR-CGCRI during March 11-13, 2015.
- Dr. P. Sivagnanapalani, Scientist, Sol-Gel Division awarded Ph.D. degree in Engineering on “Cross-sectional TEM studies on TiAl/Ti6AlAV and TiAl/IMI 834 Diffusion bonded couples” from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- Mrs Chandana Patra, Principal Technical Officer, Knowledge Resource Centre awarded Ph.D. degree in Library and Information Science on the thesis “Digital Repository in Ceramics” from University of Kalyani.
- Dr. Soumya Sarkar, Senior Technical Officer(2), Non-Oxide Ceramics & Composites Division awarded Ph.D. degree in Engineering on “Fabrication and characterization of advanced structural ceramic matrix nanocomposites” from Jadavpur University.
- Dr. Atiar Rahaman Molla, Senior Scientist, Glass Division awarded Ph.D. degree in Engineering on “Processing and Properties of some glasses and their nanocomposites of oxide and chalcogenide systems” from Jadavpur University.
- Dr. Jayanta Mukhopadhyay, Scientist, Fuel Cell & Battery Division awarded Ph.D. degree in Engineering on “Multicomponent ceramic oxide powder prepared by spray pyrolysis technique and fabrication of screen printed thick films for application in solid oxide fuel cell” from Jadavpur University.
- Mr. Biswanath Kundu, Scientist, Bioceramics and Coating Divisionawarded Ph.D. degree in Engineering on “Hydroxyapatite based integrated orbital implants for efficient rehabilitation of human patients: an in vitro and in vivo experimentation” from Jadavpur University.
- Mr Mahesh Kumar Gagrai, Scientist, Ceramic Membrane Division awarded Ph.D. degree in Engineering on “Spirulina Platensis (Microalgae) for Decontamination of Chromium Laden Aqueous Effluent” from Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.