Constitution of Research Council of
CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata
The constituted RC has the following composition and functions according to the OM no: DGTC/RC(CSIR-CGCRI)/139/2017 dated 03.03.2018. The tenure of the constituted RC is till 2020.
| Dr. Dipankar Banerjee|
Material Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, 560012, India
|Prof. D D Sarma |
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
| Prof. John Philip |
Professor, Homi-Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)
SO/H, Head, Corrosion Science & Technology Division and Metallurgy and Materials Group,
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam-603102, Tamil Nadu, India
| Dr. Samir V. Kamat |
Director General, Naval systems and Materials
DS & Director General (NS&M)
Defence Research & Development Organization
201, Talwar Building, NSTL Campus,
Vigyan Nagar, Gopalapatnam, PO
| Dr. Gautam K. Dey |
Ex Director, Materials Group,
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
| Dr. Arvind Patel |
Chairman & Managing Director, Sahajanand Laser Technology, Ahamadabad, Gandhinagar - 382 028, Gujarat, India
| Prof Prabhat Ranjan |
Vice Chancellor, DY Patil International University,
Dr D Y Patil Educational Complex,
Sector 29, Nigdi Pradhikaran, Akurdi, Pune - 411044
| Dr. D K Aswal |
Director, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
Dr. K. S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi–110 012
| Dr. Indranil Chattoraj |
Director, CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831007
| Dr. K Muraleedharan|
CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
Kolkata – 700032
| Member |
DG, CSIR or his nominee (to be intimated later)
| Member |
- Advise on the formulation of R&D programmes and future directions of activities of the laboratory keeping in view the CSIR mandate, national priorities and opportunity areas.
- Suggest networking with other CSIR National Laboratories on programmes of mutual interest i.e. thematic activities.
- Review R&D activities and research programmes and advise on future directions
- Advise on fostering linkages between the laboratory, industry and potential clients.
- Constitute panel of experts for selection of Scientific (Group IV) staff.
- Any other function as may be assigned by Director General / Governing Body.