Constitution of Research Council
Central Glass & Ceramic Research
DG, CSIR is pleased to constitute the Research Council (RC) for Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute (CGCRI), Kolkata with effect from 1st
April, 2010. The constituted RC has the following composition and functions:
- Dr. S. Banerjee, Chairman
Atomic Energy Commission & Director
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Trombay, Mumbai-400 085
- Prof. A. K. Ghatak, Emeritus Professor, Department of Physics, IIT, New Delhi-110 016
- Shri Sanjay Somany, Managing Director, Hindustan National Glass & Industries Ltd, Bahadurgarh-124 507
- Dr. D. Bhattacharjee, Chief, R&D and Scientific Services, Tata Steel Jamshedpur-831 007
- Dr. A. K. Chattopadhyay, Managing Director, Tata Refractories Limited, 11th Floor, Tata Centre, 43 Chowringhee Road, Kolkata-700 071
- Prof. Vikram Jayaram, Professor & Chairman, Department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560 012
- Prof. Samit K Ray, Professor, Physics & Meteorology, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721 302
- Shri S. K. Ray, Distinguished Scientist & Director, Research Centre Imarat, Ministry of Defence, PO Vignyana Kancha, Hyderabad-500 069
- Dr. S. Srikanth, Director, National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur-831 007
- Prof. Gautam Biswas, Director, Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, M.G. Avenue, Durgapur-713 209
- Dr. Anil K Gupta, Director, Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, Hoshangabad Road, Near Habibganj Naka, Bhopal-462 064
- Prof. I. Manna, Director, Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, 196 Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata-700 032
- Head or his Nominee, Planning & Performance Division (PPD), Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Anusandhan Bhawan, 2, Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110 001
- Advise on the formulation of R&D programmes and future directions of activities of the laboratory keeping in view the Five Year Plans, national
Priorities and opportunity areas.
- Suggest networking with other CSIR National Laboratories on programmes of mutual interest.
- Review R&D activities and research programmes and advise on future directions
- Advise on fostering linkages between the laboratory, industry and potential clients.
- Constitute panel of experts for selection of Scientific (Group IV) staff.
- Any other function as may be assigned by Director General / Governing Body.
- The tenure of the constituted RC is upto 31st March, 2013.