- Professional Awards
- CGCRI, KOLKATA bagged CSIR'S Technology Award-2010 for manufacturing technology of Bio-ceramic implants for medical applications in the Physical Sciences including Engineering category.
- Debabrata Basu, Head, Bioceramics & Coating Division elected as Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering (to take effect from January 1, 2011)
- Prasanta K. Biswas, Scientist, Sol-Gel Division awarded MRSI Medal - 2010.
- Dr. P. K. Biswas, Scientist, Sol-Gel Division has been elected a Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science & Technology (WAST) for the year 2010.
- Goutam De, Head, Nano-Structured Materials Division, Selected for CRSI Bronze Medal for the year 2009-10.
- P Sujatha Devi, Scientist, Nanostructured Materials Division PK Kunju Sahib Award for Excellence in Chemistry by the PG Department of Chemistry, Milad E- Sherief Memorial College, Kayamkulam, Kerala as a part of the Al Haj PK Kunju Sahib Seminar Series 2010.
- Kaushik Dana, Scientist, Advanced Clay & Traditional Ceramics Division awarded CCMR Image award from Cornell University, USA
- H .S. Tripathi, Scientist, Refractories Division awarded Raman Research Fellowship 2010-11 to work at Imperial College, London
- R.N. Basu, Scientist selected Chairman of high level Technology Committee of M/S United Nanotech Products Ltd.
- Tirtha Som, Senior Research Fellow, Glass Science & Technology Section selected for the awards :
a. "Young Scientist Award for the year 2010-11" in the Materials Science Category by the Indian Science Congress Association. The award will be conferred during January 3-7, 2011 during the 98th session of Indian Science Congress Association at SRM University, Chennai.
b. "Young Scientist Award - 2010" of the Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), Kolkata Chapter in the "Young Scientists" Colloquium- 2010" held on October 29, 2010 at BESU, Shibpur organized by the MRSI, Kolkata Chapter for her contribution to the advanced materials research.
c. "Dr. R.L. Thakur Memorial Award - 2010" of the Indian Ceramic Society for her contributions in the Materials Science. The award would be conferred on her during the 74th Annual Session of the Society to be held on 11 January, 2011 at Kolkata.
- Jui Chakraborty, Manjusha Chakraborty, Sudakhisna Roy, Somoshree Sengupta, Sudip Dasgupta, Mithlesh K.Sinha, Suchitra Sen and Debabrata Basu received the Best oral presentation for their paper entitled "Unique Self assembled Structures of Hydroxyapatite in the Biomimetic Coating on Dense Alumina Biomedical Implant Material" at the International Conference "Aluminas-2010", held during November 25th -27th , 2010 at CGCRI, Kolkata
- Syamal Ghosh, T.K. Mukhopadhyay, S. Chakrabarti and S.K. Das, selected to receive "Ganpule Award-2010" for their paper entitled "Influence of Kaolinitic Clay on the Physico-Mechanical Properties of Clay-Fly Ash Mix for Building Bricks" from Indian Ceramic Society.
- S. Bhattacharyya, S.K. Das and N.K. Mitra selected to receive "Ganpule Award-2010" for their paper entitled "Effect of Titania on Fired Characteristics of Triaxial Porcelain" from Indian Ceramic Society.
- R.N. Basu, A. Das Sharma, P. Kundu and Saswati Ghosh selected for the "Deokaran Award-2010" in "Glass" for their paper "Glass-based Sealants for Application in Planar Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Stack".
- Arjun Dey, Senior Research Fellow, Mechanical Property & Evaluation Section of Non Oxide Ceramics & Composites Division selected for the "IEI Young Engineers Award 2010-2011" in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering discipline.
- Dr Prasanta Kr Biswas, Scientist, Sol Gel Division received MRSI Medal for 2010.
- Dr Goutam De, Head, Nano Structured Materials Division received for CRSI Bronze Medal for the year 2009-10.
- Dr M.K. Naskar, Scientist, Sol Gel Division, awarded Raman Research Fellowship for the year 2009.
- Dr Kausik Dana, Scientist, Advanced Clay & Traditional Ceramics Division, awarded Boyscast Fellowship for the year 2008-09.
- Dr Someswar Dutta, Scientist, Bioceramics & Coating Division, received National Science Day Award from Science Association of Bengal, 2009
- Dr H S Tripathi, Scientist, Refractory Division, received Fellow Award of the Indian Institute of Ceramics, 2009.
- Dr Rabibrata Mukherjee, Scientist, Analytical Facility Division, received (i) best Ph.D. thesis award by Materials Research Society of India for the year 2009 and (ii) G.C. Jain Memorial Award by Material Research Society of India for the year 2009.
- Dr H S Maiti, Director has been selected to receive the MRSI-ICSC Superconductivity & Materials Science Annual Prize for the year 2009 from Materials Research Society of India.
- Dr H S Tripathi, Dr. A. Ghosh and Dr. B. Mukherjee, Scientists, Refractory Division has been awarded Malvia Award of Indian Ceramic Society for the year 2008.
- Dr D K Bhattacharya, Head, Programme Management Division, has been elected an honorary fellow of the Indian Society for Nondestructive Testing in December, 2008.
- Dr L K Sharma, nominated, Chairman, Whiteware Committee (CHD 9), Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi in 2008.
- Dr(Mrs) P Sujatha Devi, Scientist, Nanostructured Materials Division received PK Kunju Sahib Award for Excellence in Chemistry by the PG Department of Chemistry, Milad E- Sherief Memorial College, Kayamkulam, Kerala as a part of the Al Haj PK Kunju Sahib Seminar Series 2010.
- Young Scientist 2009 Award, Materials Research Society of India, Kolkata Chapter has been achieved by Mr. Arjun Dey, CSIR-SRF.
[Link 1 ||
by VerticalNews in the section of 'Nanotechnology Top
News' for research paper 'Dey A, Mukhopadhyay AK, Gangadharan S, Sinha MK
and Basu D., 2009. Weibull modulus of nano-hardness and elastic modulus of
hydroxyapatite coating. Journal of Materials Science, 44(18), 4911-4918'
by VerticalNews in the section of 'Nanotechnology Top News' for research
paper 'Dey A, Mukhopadhyay AK, Gangadharan S, Sinha MK and Basu D., 2009.
Characterization of microplasma sprayed hydroxyapatite coating. Journal of
Thermal Spray Technology, 18(4), 578-592'
- 17th POSITION in the TOP 25 HOTTEST ARTICLES of the Ceramics International
journal published by Elsevier & cited by Science Direct
(Link) for research
paper 'Dey A, Mukhopadhyay AK, Gangadharan S, Sinha MK, Basu D and
Bandyopadhyay NR., 2009. Nanoindentation study of microplasma sprayed
hydroxyapatite coating. Ceramics International, 35(6), 2295-2304'
- Poster Awards
- S. Majumdar, P. Nag and P. Sujatha Devi, CNT-SnO2 composite as an efficient H2 gas sensing material, International Symposium on Advances in Nanomaterials, December 6-7, 2010, CGCRI, Kolkata.
- Arpita Jana, N. R. Bandyopadhyay and P. Sujatha Devi, Size controlled synthesis of ZnO rods via sonochemical process, 22nd AGM meeting of the Materials Research Sociey of India held at AMPRI, Bhopal during February 14-16, 2011.
- P. Sujatha Devi, S. Banerjee, and K. Priolkar, Some Interesting Observations and New Insights into the Local Structure of Ce0.8M0.2O2-d, (M = Ca, Gd, Sm) Solid Solutions, International Symposium on Energy Materials: Challenges and Oppportunities, March 1-2, 2011, CGCRI, Kolkata.
- N. Das, S. Jana, K. Annapurna, A. K. Ray and P. K. Biswas awarded for the best poster paper entitled, "Preparation and photoluminescence study of rhodamine 6G dye impregnated silica gel PMMA composite" in the International Conference on Sol-Gel Process for Advanced Ceramics (SGPAC-2009) held at Convention Centre, Anupuram (Kalpakkam), Tamil Nadu during October 11-14, 2009.
- M. K. Naskar, D. Kundu and M. Chatterjee awarded for the best poster paper entitled, "A novel approach for the synthesis of silicalite-1 zeolite seed crystals and thin films' in the 20th AGM of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), held at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkata during February 10-12, 2009.
- Dr J Chakraborty, Ms M Chakraborty, Ms P Bose, Shri T Das and Dr D Basu awarded Best poster award for poster entitled "Unique features of biomimetics as a method for coating biomedical implants by bone mineral (hydroxyapatite)" at 20th Annual General Meeting of MRSI (Kolkata Chapter) on "New Generation Composites and Hybrid Materials: Concepts to Applications" during Feb. 10-12th., 2009 held at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- Ms D Jana; Shri A Dandapat and Dr G De awarded Best poster award for their paper "Synthesis of Au@Pd Nanoparticles in Alumina sols" at the 20th Annual General Meeting of MRSI (Kolkata Chapter) on "New Generation Composites and Hybrid Materials: Concepts to Applications" held during Feb.10-12th., 2009 held at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- Ms S Das; Shri KS Pal ; Shri N Dandapat; Ms R Chakraborty; Dr S Datta and Dr. D Basu received Third best poster award for their paper "Preparation of metallized alumina ceramics and their evaluation" at 73rd annual session of Indian Ceramic Society during December 11-12, 2009 held at Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Ms M Chakraborty ; Ms P Bose; Dr J Chakraborty and Dr D Basu received Second best poster award for their paper "Capturing MTX into nano scale LDH ceramics offers a hybrid nano vector for drug delivery" at International Conference on Advanced Functional Materials (ICAFM-09) during December 9-10, 2009 held at NIIST, Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Ms M Chakraborty; Dr J Chakraborty and Dr D Basu received Third best prize for oral presentation of their paper 'Biomimetics - Age old principles of nature into most advanced materials application" at 73rd annual session of Indian Ceramic Society during December 11-12, 2009 held at Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Mrs C. Patra, received 2nd prize for poster presentation on the theme "Open Access initiative in Asia: a new paradigm shift for research library" in 23rd National Seminar of IASLIC on Library Profession in Search of a New Paradigm, held during 10-13 Dec, 2008 at Bose Institute, Kolkata. During this event, she also received 2nd prize for poster presentation on the theme "Open Access initiative in Asia: A New Paradigm Shift for Research Library".
- Best Poster Paper Award of Dr. A. K. Mukhopadhyay, 2008, 53rd DAE Solid State Physics Symposium.
- Ms. Riya Chakraborty, JRF obtained 3rd Best Poster Paper Award in 73rd Annual Session of Indian Ceramic Society (S. Das, K. S. Pal, R. Chakraborty, S. Datta and D. Basu)
- Doctoral Awards
- Shri Jiten Ghosh, Scientist, Analytical Facility Division awarded Ph.D degree by Burdwan University, Burdwan for his thesis entitled "X-ray diffraction study of Microstructural Defects in Deformed Metals and Alloys".
- Shri Samar Kr. Medda, Scientist, Sol Gel Division awarded Ph.D degree by Jadavpur University for his thesis entitled "Scratch resistant nanocomposite coatings on plastic substrates by inorganic-organic hybrid sol-gel processing".
- Ms Susmita Kundu, Scientist, Sol Gel Division awarded Ph, D degree by Jadavpur University for her thesis entitled "Study of sol-gel based nanostructured indium tin oxide films on glass"
- Shri Anjan Chakraborty, Scientist, CGCRI, Naroda Centre was awarded Ph.D. degree by the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad on "Some investigation on utilization of marble based and fly ash in wall tile composition".
- Advisory Role in Industry
- Dr Debabrata Basu, Scientist G & Head, Bio-ceramics & Coating Division was nominated as a Board Member of IFGL Bioceramics Ltd, Kolkata in 2009.
- Dr R N Basu, Scientist G & Head, Fuel Cells & Battery Division appointed as Chairman, High Level Technology Commiittee of United Nano Tech Products Limited, Kolkata in 2010