Year : (2010-11)
- Academy Honours
- Prof. Indranil Manna, Director elected Fellow of Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi with effect from January 01, 2011. Also elected as Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science & Technology (WAST) for the year 2010 with effect from December 27, 2010.
- Dr. D. Basu, Scientist G & Head, Bioceramics & Coating Division elected Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering, New Delhi with effect from January 01, 2011.
- Dr. P. K. Biswas, Scientist, Sol-Gel Division elected Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science & Technology (WAST) for the year 2010 with effect from December 27, 2010.
- Professional Awards
- CGCRI bagged CSIR's Technology Award-2010 for manufacturing technology of Bio-ceramic implants for medical applications in the Physical Sciences including Engineering category.
- Kaushik Dana, Scientist, Advanced Clay & Traditional Ceramics Division awarded CCMR Image Award from Cornell University, USA
- H .S. Tripathi, Scientist, Refractories Division awarded Raman Research Fellowship 2010-11 to work at Imperial College, London
- Jui Chakraborty, Scientist, Bioceramics & Coating Division selected for the award of Raman Research Fellowship 2011-12 to work at Lehigh University, USA
- Tirtha Som, CSIR-NET SRF, Glass Science & Technology Section of Glass Division :
- Awarded "Young Scientist Award for the year 2010-11" in the Materials Science Category by the Indian Science Congress Association in the 98th session of Indian Science Congress Association during January 3-7, 2011 at SRM University, Chennai.
- Awarded "Young Scientist Award - 2010" of the Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), Kolkata Chapter in the "Young Scientists Colloquium- 2010" held on October 29, 2010 at BESU, Shibpur, organized by the MRSI, Kolkata Chapter for her contribution to the advanced materials research.
- Awarded "Dr. R.L. Thakur Memorial Award - 2010" of the Indian Ceramic Society for her contributions in the Materials Science.in the 74th Annual Session of the Society held on 11 January, 2011 at Kolkata.
- Arjun Dey, Senior Research Fellow, Mechanical Property & Evaluation Section of Non Oxide Ceramics & Composites Division received the "IEI Young Engineers Award 2010-2011" in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering discipline.
- Jui Chakraborty, Manjusha Chakraborty, Sudakhisna Roy, Somoshree Sengupta, Sudip Dasgupta, Mithlesh K.Sinha, Suchitra Sen and Debabrata Basu received the Best oral presentation for their paper entitled "Unique Self assembled Structures of Hydroxyapatite in the Biomimetic Coating on Dense Alumina Biomedical Implant Material" at the International Conference "Aluminas-2010", held during November 25 -27, 2010 at CGCRI, Kolkata
- Shyamal Ghosh, T.K. Mukhopadhyay, S. Chakrabarti and S.K. Das, received "Ganpule Award-2010" for their paper entitled "Influence of Kaolinitic Clay on the Physico-Mechanical Properties of Clay-Fly Ash Mix for Building Bricks" in the 74th Annual Session of the Indian Ceramic Society.held on January,11-13, 2011 at Kolkata .
- S. Bhattacharyya, S.K. Das and N.K. Mitra received "Ganpule Award-2010" for their paper entitled "Effect of Titania on Fired Characteristics of Triaxial Porcelain" in the 74th Annual Session of the Indian Ceramic Society.held on January,11-13, 2011 at Kolkata .
- R.N. Basu, A. Das Sharma, P. Kundu and Saswati Ghosh selected for the "Deokaran Award-2010" in "Glass" for their paper "Glass-based Sealants for Application in Planar Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Stack" in the 74th Annual Session of the Indian Ceramic Society.held on January,11-13, 2011 at Kolkata.
- Poster Awards
- S. Majumdar, P. Nag and P. Sujatha Devi, CNT-SnO2 composite as an efficient H2 gas sensing material, International Symposium on Advances in Nanomaterials, December 6-7, 2010, CGCRI, Kolkata.
- A Jana, N. R. Bandyopadhyay and P. Sujatha Devi, Size controlled synthesis of ZnO rods via sonochemical process, 22nd AGM meeting of the Materials Research Sociey of India held at AMPRI, Bhopal during February 14-16, 2011.
- P. Sujatha Devi, S. Banerjee, and K. Priolkar, Some Interesting Observations and New Insights into the Local Structure of Ce0.8M0.2O2-d, (M=Ca, Gd, Sm) Solid Solutions, International Symposium on Energy Materials: Challenges and Opportunities, March 1-2, 2011, CGCRI, Kolkata.
- D. Jana and G. De, "Shape conversion of silver nanoparticles in alumina sol" at International Symposium on Advances in Nanomaterials held during December 6-7, 2010 in CGCRI, Kolkata.
- A. Dandapat, D. Jana and G. De awarded "Mesoporous alumina films doped with metal nanoparticles as reusable catalysts" at National Review and Coordination meeting (NSNT-2011) of Nano Mission Council, DST held at IIT Delhi during February 25-27, 2011.
- S. Pramanik, S. Pal and G. De, "H2 gas sensing properties of Au nanoparticles doped ZrTiO4 films through plasmonic modification" at National Review and Coordination meeting (NSNT-2011) of Nano Mission Council, DST held at IIT Delhi during February 25-27, 2011.
- Doctoral Awards
- Ms Sumana Ghosh awarded Ph.D. degree from Jadavpur University on "Study of Structure and Property Relationship in Thermal Barrier Coating System" under the supervision of Dr. D. Basu, Head , Bioceramics Division, CGCRI and Dr. G.C. Das, Jadavpur University.
- Mr. Debdulal Saha awarded Ph.D. degree from Jadavpur University on "Development of Trace Moisture Sensors using Micro/Nano Porous Ceramics Material" under the guidance of Dr. Kamalendu Sengupta, Scientist, CGCRI.
- Mr, Mrinmay Pal awarded Ph.D. degree from Jadavpur University on "Theoretical and Experimental Studies on the Specialty Erbium Doped Optical Fibres for efficient Broadband Amplification and Gain-flattened Optical Amplifiers for WDM Network Systems" under the guidance of Dr. Shyamal Kumar Bhadra, Scientist, CGCRI.
- Mr. Tapas Kr. Mukhopadhyay awarded Ph.D. degree from University of Kolkata on "Effect of Incorporation of Pyrophyllite in Triaxial Composition in relation to Mullitization" under supervision of Dr. H.S.Maiti, Ex-Director, CGCRI and Dr. Sankar Ghatak, Head, Applied Nano clay & Traditional Ceramics Division.
- Nominations Abroad
Dr. R.N. Basu, Scientist & Head, Fuel Cell & Battery Division
- Selected as an Expert Reviewer in the Energy Panel of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada to evaluate their projects under Strategic Project Grants Program.
- Received an invitation to deliver an invited talk from Xth International Conference on on Nanostructured Materials (NANO 2010) held during September 13-17, 2010 at Rome, Italy.
- Inducted as the member of the International Advisory Board and one of the invited speakers of the Xth International Conference on Nanostructured Materials (NANO 2010) held during September 13- 17, 2010 at Rome, Italy.