CSIR-CGCRI, Testing and Characterisation Cell
The major testing programme of this Institute includes the following facilities:
- Testing and Characterisation Cell has been set up to act as Single Window Clearing Unit for all testing and characterisation related services.
- Testing of raw materials & products in the field of Glass, Ceramics, Refractory and Composites are being carried out as per National and International standards, wherever applicable.
- Test Reports issued by CG&CRI are accepted by Government and private agencies throughout the country. Internationally, CGCRI is the preferred agency in India for testing and characterisation of materials in its domain. The confidentiality of the results and test related documents thereto are guaranteed.
Terms & Conditions:
- Lithium Battery
- SEM, EDAX
- ICP & AAS (Chemical Analysis)
- Optical property evaluation
- Mechanical property evaluation of ceramic, refractory & composite materials
- Thermal & Thermo-mechanical property evaluation of refractory materials
- DTA, TGA & Surface Area (BET) evaluation
- Evaluation of Dielectric properties of Ceramics and Glasses
- Sample testing procedures shall be initiated, only when both the sample and the testing charges are received at CGCRI.
- The testing charge shall have to be deposited either by Cash at CGCRI Cash Section during Normal Working hours or by drawing one Crossed Demand Draft , payable at Kolkata, and to be drawn in the name of "CENTRAL GLASS & CERAMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE".
- The testing charges (as indicated) shall be inclusive of cost of one set of hardcopy of the Report plus delivery charges (By Courier / Speed Post). In case, the Report is desired to be delivered by Hand, no deduction shall be applicable from the quoted testing charges. Service Tax at applicable rate shall be added for all Testing charges.
- In case, any soft copy of the supporting data-sheets , graph/chart etc. are required, the same may be made available on specific request, and an additional charge of Rs.100/- plus Service Tax (at applicable rate) shall be levied over and above the testing charge, indicated in the List.
- In case of issuance of Duplicate Certificate if any, at a later date, as per the specific request made by the Original Agency, a charge of Rs.1000/- plus Service Tax (at applicable rate) shall have to be paid.
- Samples or leftover, once tested, shall not be returned to the Agency.
- Enquiry / Requests may be sent by fax / e-mail to the below mentioned numbers / address.
- For details of various testing, sample quantities and respective charges, the below mentioned link may be clicked: Testing Charges
TESTING AND CHARACTERIZATION CELL
Dr. Omprakash Chakrabarti
, Chief Scientist, Ph.: (033) 24733496 (Ex. 3473/3395), Email: email@example.com
Senior Technical Officer(1), Ph.: 3288, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technician (1), Ph.: 3288, Email: email@example.com