Dr. Mahesh Kumar Gagrai
Membrane and Separation Technology Division
Phone: +91-(033) 24733496 (Ex. 3462)
Dr. Mahesh Kumar GagraiJoined CSIR-CGCRI on 13th January , 2014
|CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata||Scientist||2014 - till date|
|SM India, New Delhi||Engineer||May 2008 - Aug 2008|
|BC Exports, India||Engineer||Jan 2008 - May 2008|
|IIT Kanpur, India||Project Associate||April 2005 - July 2005|
|IIT Kanpur, India||Project Assistant||Aug 2004 - April 2005|
|B.Tech.||Bio-chemical Engineering||HBTI Kanpur|
|M.Tech.||Petroleum Refining Engineering||IIT Guwahati|
|Ph.D.||Microalgae for Decontamination of Chromium Laden Aqueous Effluent||IIT Guwahati|
- MHRD Fellowship (Govt. of India) after qualifying GATE exam, 2005-2007.
- Institute Research Fellowship, (IIT Guwahati), 2009-2013
- Wastewater Treatment,
- Membrane based Separation Process
Publications: Summary: In SCI Journals: 5; In Conference Proceedings: 14;
- M.K. Gagrai, C. Das and A.K. Golder, “Non-ideal metal binding model for Cr(III) sorption using Spirulina platenesis biomass: experimental and theoretical approach”, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2013, 91(12), 1904-1912.
- M.K. Gagrai, S. Khuntia, C. Das and A.K. Golder, “Effect of background ions on reduction of Cr (VI) to Cr (III) using saline water algae”, Research Journal of Chemistry Environment, 2011, 15 (2), 450-453.
- M.K. Gagrai, C. Das and A.K. Golder, “Reduction of Cr(VI) ion by dead Spirulina biomass in aqueous solution: A kinetic reduction model”, Chemosphere, 2013, 93(7), 1366-1371.
- M.K. Gagrai, C. Das and A.K. Golder, “Biological reduction and removal of Cr(VI) with microbial consortia collected from local water treatment plant”, International Journal of Environment Management and Technology (2014) 17(6), 508-520.
- Ch.V. Rao, M.K. Gagrai, V.V. Goud and A.K. Golder, “Oxidative brilliant green dye degradation in Fenton process,” International Journal of Cheminformatics and Chemical Engineering (Accepted).
Last Updated on July 1, 2021