সিএসআইআর-কেন্দ্রীয় কাঁচ ও সেরামিক গবেষণা সংস্থা
सीएसआईआर-केंद्रीय काँच एवं सिरामिक अनुसंधान संस्थान
CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
Skill Development Training Programme on Terracotta Processing as a part of CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative[229 KB]
- 6th Webinar of CSIR- Jigyasa: Student Scientist Connect Programme scheduled to be held on 3rd December, 2021 at 4.00 pm [290 KB]
- International Science Festival (IISF) 2021 Curtain Raiser Ceremony scheduled on 30.11.2020 (Tuesday) to be held at CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata through online mode at 2.00 pm [603 KB]
- National Seminar on Future Of Industrial Ceramics [1.6 MB]
- Result Phase-I Junior Stenographer (Advt. No. 01/2021) [520 KB]
- Results for Phase-I JSA (Advt. No. 01/2021) [824 KB]
- Admission Notice: AcSIR invites Applications for August 2021 & January 2022 Sessions [157 KB]
Scientists from CSIR-CGCRI in subject-wise ranking of top 2% scientists from India
Seven scientists associated with the Institute (past and present, including emeritus scientists) figured in a list of top 2% scientists from India in an all-field compilation for the current year by a study of Stanford University. The names of Basudeb Karmakar, Vamsi K. Balla, Milan K. Naskar, K.K. Phani and R.N. Basu figured under ‘Materials’ domain; Goutam De figured under ‘Nano-Science and Nano-Technology’ domain and H.S. Ray under ‘Mining & Metallurgy’ domain.
Novel glass-based solid electrolytes with high conductivity for room-temperature rechargeable Na-ion batteries
Research interest on Na-ion batteries has increased rapidly in recent years due to Eco-friendliness and abundance of sodium compared to lithium. This important work on the development of novel glass based solid electrolytes for Na-ion batteries has been...
In a major capacity strengthening exercise, a novel laser assisted ultra-precision machining facility has been established at NOCCD for fabrication of hard ceramic / alloy moulds with very high form accuracy and surface finish. The facility is slated to achieve...
Developed transparent coatings (TiO2-ZrO2) on glass with reflection values >30 % in the Visible-NIR region (dimension: 300 x 300 mm2)
Single layer design ZrO2 incorporated TiO2 based transparent hard reflecting nanocomposite coatings on glass substrate have been developed by dip-coating technique using zirconium (IV) n-propoxide (ZP) and titanium (IV) isopropoxide (TTIP) followed by heat treatment....
CSIR Jigyasa: Student - Scientist Connect Programme 5th Webinar
80th CSIR Foundation Day
71st CSIR-CGCRI Foundation Day & Atma Ram Memorial Lecture 2021
CSIR WEBINAR: 80 Years 80 Success Stories
Key Metrics at a Glance
Agency wise distribution of Projects (2019-20)
Some Flagship Projects
- Fiber Laser for Industrial and Strategic Applications (LISA)
- Chalcogenide glass and fibers for mid infrared photonics applications
- Development of advanced Optical fiber distributed sensors and FBG sensors for smart infrastructure management
- Development of Reaction Bonded Silicon Nitride Ceramic EM Window
- Development of cost effective refractory lining materials for induction melting furnace suitable for production of quality steel
Last Updated on January 21, 2022