সিএসআইআর-কেন্দ্রীয় কাঁচ ও সেরামিক গবেষণা সংস্থা
सीएसआईआर-केंद्रीय काँच एवं सिरामिक अनुसंधान संस्थान
CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
Instrumentation and Information Technology
Areas of Activity
- Information Technology Division takes care of Managing Existing IT resources in the institute and time-to-time their reinforcement which covers Tailor-made s/w Development for computerized Administration, Web Design, Development and Hosting, Mail Systems Management, Threat Management on Networks, Conducting in-house training on Computer operation .
- Division has 8 servers (Linux/Windows based) and 30 High speed Network switches to connect 300 Desktops and network printers over LAN thru CAT6/FO cables. In addition to them Computer pool is available for research students and guest users. Wi-fi Connectivity is established in Three conference halls, auditorium, Reception Hall, guest house and Important zones.
- WAN connectivity is on OF media of bandwidth 8Mbps.
- UTM systems and A/V measures at server, gateway and desktop levels maintain secured N/W environment.
- The division maintains two Video Conferencing systems to connect other laboratories/Institutes thru IP connectivity with ISDN backup.
- Institute is one of the nodal points of NKN (National Knowledge Network) Connectivity as a part of CSIR Programme under the premise of Govt. of India’s National Programme to share intellectual property and knowledge-base among Premier R&D Labs/Institutes/Universities. In addition, Integrated EA (Enterprise Application) will be implemented shortly for the purpose of a well managed Dynamic and Enterprise Culture under common ERP platform.
The Instrumentation group of this division caters and co-ordinates the engineering needs, both R&D and infrastructural of the laboratory. The services encompass various areas such as, Developments of Prototypes, Design & drafting, Engineering Support for running of Pilot Plants, Augmentation & Modernization of Existing Infrastructural Facilities etc.
Dr. Mukul Chandra Paul, Chief Scientist and Head
Mr. Santanu Sen, Senior Principal Scientist, Leader (Instrumentation Section)
Dr. Arun Kumar Singh, Scientist
Technical / Support Staff
- Mr. Susapta Ghosh, Principal Technical Officer
- Mr. Agniv Adhikari, Senior Technical Officer (2)
- Mr. Indranil Biswas, Senior Technical Officer (1)
- Ms. Moumita Sha, Senior Technical Officer (1)
- Ms. Unmona Sikdar, Technical Officer
- Mr. Goutam Ghosh, Senior Technician (3)
- Ms. Piyali Roy(Kundu), Technician (2)
- Mr. Abhishek Mukherjee, Technician (2)
Last Updated on October 20, 2022