Dr. Nandini Das
Senior Principal Scientist
Membrane and Separation Technology Division
Phone: +91-(033) 24733496 (Ex. 3462)
Dr. Nandini DasJoined CSIR-CGCRI on August 2002
|B.Sc (Hons.)||University of Calcutta|
|B.Tech||Ceramic Engineering||University of Calcutta|
|M. Tech.||Ceramic Engineering||University of Calcutta|
|Ph.D||Engineering||University of Calcutta|
Patents filed / Granted
Summary: Patents: 3 nos
- A novel ceramic composition useful for making thin ceramic micro-filtration membranes, a Process for making thin ceramic micro-filtration membranes thereof and thin ceramic microfiltartion membrane System made therefrom” Debdas Chattopadhyay, Nandini Das, Sibdas Bandyopadhyay, Himadri Sekhar Maiti NF / 247 / 2001
- S.Chakraborty, A.Guha, A.K.Halder, J.Mondal, N.Das, S.Dasgupta, A.Sen, H.S.Maiti, “A method of improving response and recovery time of semiconducting tin oxide based gas sensors in thick film form for detection of combustible gases”, Patent No. 674/DEL/06, Dated:10.03.06.
- A. Seal, N. Das, R. Mazumder, A.Sen, “A method of manufacturing dense and warpage free lead zirconate titanate wafers”, applied for filing.
- Landmark Research Contribution
- Preparation of alumina disc shaped membrane for microfiltration application for laboratory use
- Synthesis of different type of nano powders by hydrothermal and sonochemical technique
- Preparation of crack free zeolite membrane coating on 25 mm disc for gas separation application.
- Ten years teaching experience in the area of Industrial chemistry in Bhowbanipur Education society College in Calcutta University.
Materials science and engineering with special reference to ceramic membrane. ( specially Inorganic membrane like alumina and zeolite membranes). Nano powders preparation by sonochemical, hydrothermal, microemulsion etc methods and their processing by tape casting, hydrothermal coating, sol �gel coating are the area of interests. Clean energy related area like production of hydrogen and storage of hydrogen are the newer area of interest.
Publications: Summary: In SCI Journals: 16; In Conference Proceedings: 10;
- N. Das, S. Bandyopadhyay, D. Chattopadhyay and H. S. Maiti, “Tape Cast Ceramic Membranes For Microfiltartion Application” J. Mater. Sc. 31 (1996 ) p 5221 – 5225
- N. Das and H. S. Maiti, “Formation Of Pore Structure In Tape Cast Alumina Membrane : Effect Of Binder Content And Firing Temperature” Journal of Membrane Science , Vol. No. 140 ( 1998 ) p 205 – 212
- Nandini Das and H. S. Maiti, “Effect Of Size Distribution Of The Starting On The Pore Size And Its Distribution Of Tape Cast Alumina Microporous Membrane” Journal of the European Ceramic society, Vol. 19 no. 3 ( 1999 ) p 341 – 345
- N. Das and H. S. Maiti “Permeability Characteristics Of A Tape Cast Alumina Membrane” (Communicated )
- Nandini Das, K. K. Singh, , H. S. Maiti “Preparation of alumina membrane for micro and ultrafiltartion application” British ceramic Transaction
Ph.D. Guidance: Three (continuing)
M. Tech: Six (Completed)
M. Tech: Six (Completed)
- Indian Institute of Metals (IIM), Kolkata – Life Member
- Indian Institute of Welding (IIW), Kolkata – Life Member
- Indian society for Non-destructive testing (ISNT) – Member
- Acoustic Emission Working Group (India), AEWG(I) – Member
- Society For Failure Analysis (SFA), India – Member, Executive Committee
- Society for Surface Protective Coatings(SSPC), India – Life Member
- Powder Metallurgy Association of India – Life Member
Last Updated on July 1, 2021