সিএসআইআর-কেন্দ্রীয় কাঁচ ও সেরামিক গবেষণা সংস্থা
सीएसआईआर-केंद्रीय काँच एवं सिरामिक अनुसंधान संस्थान
CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
Dr. Debashri Ghosh
Phone: +9133 2322 3277
Fax: +9133 24730957
Dr. Debashri GhoshDr. Ghosh joined CSIR-CGCRI in April 2016
|CSIR-CGCRI||Senior Scientist||April 2016 till date|
|Gas Phase Photonic and Microwave Materials Group, XLIM Research Institute, University of Limoges, France||Post-Doctoral research fellow||October 2012 to September 2014|
|B.Sc. Hons.||Physics||University of Burdwan|
|M.S.||Applied Physics||Bengal Engineering and Science University|
|Ph.D. (Science)||Jadavpur University|
Patents filed / Granted
Summary: Granted – 1 (Indian) Filed – 1 (Indian)
- A process of fabrication of silica-based index-guided nonlinear microstructured optical fibers with optimized suspension of air holes. Shyamal Kumar Bhadra, Debashri Ghosh, Mrinmay Pal, Mukul Chandra Paul. Patent No. 309650, Application No. 1560/DEL/2013, Filed on 24.5.2013, Sealed on 22.3.2019
- A process of fabrication of ytterbium-doped cladding-pumped air-clad fiber for use as a highly efficient high power laser source in the infra-red wavelength region. Shyamal Kumar Bhadra, Debashri Ghosh, Mrinmay Pal, Mukul Chandra Paul, Shyamal Das. Application No. 3814/DEL/2013, Filed on 30.12.2013
Nonlinear Optics; Photonic crystal fibers; Supercontinuum generation; Plasmonics.
Notable Research Contribution:
- Development of nonlinear Photonic crystal fiber for Supercontinuum generation.
- Involved in the fabrication of rare-earth doped air-clad fiber for laser applications.
- Involved in the development of gas-filled hollow core kagome fiber and fabrication of photonic microcells for laser application and pulse compression.
- Received financial grant from SERB under the ‘Early Career Research Award’ scheme.
- CSIR Technology award for Innovation – 2015 for ‘Development of completely packaged all-fiber Supercontinuum light source’.
- Dr. Debabrata Basu Memorial Award for the Best young researcher at CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata in 2012.
- Research Associateship by CSIR, Govt. of India in 2012.
- Senior Research Fellowship by CSIR, Govt. of India in 2009.
- IITD-FOS Photonics award in the international conference Photonics – 2008 at IIT Delhi for the best research paper by authors from an Indian organization.
- Scholarship under the National Scholarship Scheme of the Government of India in 2003.
Best Five Publications:
- “Design and fabrication of microstructured optical fibers with optimized core suspension for enhanced supercontinuum generation”, D. Ghosh, S. Bose, S. Roy and S.K. Bhadra, Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 33, 4156-4162 (2015).
- “Efficient supercontinuum sources based on suspended core microstructured fibers”, D. Ghosh, S. Roy and S.K. Bhadra, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 20, 7600108 (2014).
- “Efficient spectral broadening in the 100-W average power regime using gas filled kagome HC-PCF and pulse compression”, F. Emaury, C.J. Saraceno, B. Debord, D. Ghosh, A. Diebold, F. Gerome, T. Südmeyer, F. Benabid and U. Keller, Optics Letters, vol. 39, 6843-6846 (2014).
- “Blue-extended sub-nanosecond supercontinuum generation in simply designed nonlinear microstructured optical fibers”, D. Ghosh, S. Roy, M. Pal, P. Leproux, P. Viale, V. Tombelaine and S.K. Bhadra, Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 29, 146-152 (2011).
- “Picosecond fiber MOPA pumped supercontinuum source with 39 W output power”, K.K. Chen, S. Alam, J.H.V. Price, J.R. Hayes, D. Lin, A. Malinowski, C. Codemard, D. Ghosh, M. Pal, S.K. Bhadra and D.J. Richardson, Optics Express, vol. 18, 5426-5432 (2010).
Last Updated on July 6, 2022