সিএসআইআর-কেন্দ্রীয় কাঁচ ও সেরামিক গবেষণা সংস্থা
सीएसआईआर-केंद्रीय काँच एवं सिरामिक अनुसंधान संस्थान
CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
Dr. Asha Anil
Naroda Centre, Ahmedabad
Phone: (079) 228 23345
FAX: +91 79 228 22052
Dr. Asha AnilJoined CGCRI on 20th June 2005
|C-MET, Thrissur||Project Assistant||2003-2005|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Naroda Centre, Ahmedabad||Jr. Scientist||June 2005-June 2009|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Naroda Centre, Ahmedabad||Scientist||June 2009-June 2013|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Naroda Centre, Ahmedabad||Sr. Scientist||June 2013- June 2017|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Naroda Centre, Ahmedabad||Pr. Scientist||June 2017- Cont.|
|B.Sc.||Chem Hons||Calicut University, Kerala, 2000|
|M.Sc.||Applied Chemistry||Calicut University, Kerala, 2002|
|Ph.D.||Science (Chemistry)||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, 2020|
- Received second prize for poster presentation for the paper entitled “Viscosity of Ferruginous Clays from Gujarat Region- Effect of Minerals Present Therein.” Authored by Asha Anil*, S.N. Misra and N.M. Misra, 81st Annual Session of Indian Ceramic Society & International Conference on Expanding Horizons of Technological Applications of Ceramics and Glasses (EH-TACAG’17), College of Engineering, Pune, during December 14-16, 2017 (Poster PPT- PI-6).
- Received Ganpule Award 2018 – Asha Anil* and S.N Misra, “Studies on Chemical Resistance of Sol-Gel Derived TiO2-Fe2O3Thin Film Coatings on Glazed Ceramic Wall Tiles” Trans. Ind. Ceram. Soc., 75, Issue 1, 2016, 53-58. DOI:10.1080/0371750X.2016.1149099. (I.F- 1.04).
- Reviewer, Int. J. Applied Ceramic Technology and Transactions of Indian Ceramic Society.
Membership in Organizational / National / International Committees:
- Indian Ceramic Society – Life member
- Materials Research Society of India –Life Member
- The Indian Science Congress Association- Life member
- Indian Institute of Ceramics, Member
- Development of low energy intensive ceramic bodies and glazes.
- Utilization of iron rich clays for making glazed ceramic products with comparable aesthetic properties to opaque glazed white ware products.
- Red clay based low temperature maturing vitrified/ stoneware ceramic bodies.
- Identification of minerals present in ceramic raw materials by TG-DTA and XRD.
- Waste utilization in Traditional Ceramic Bodies.
- Development of sol-gel based nanostructured coatings to improve surface characteristics of ceramic products.
Notable research contributions:
- Established effect of firing temperature on functional properties and chemical resistance of inorganic oxide based nanostructured coatings (TiO2, TiO2-Fe2O3, ZrO2 and ZnO) developed on glazed ceramic products.
- Limiting range of particle size distribution for producing defect free low temperature maturing raw sanitary ware glaze is established.
- Optimized floor tile engobe formulation with partial replacement of zircon opacifier by frit.
- Developed red clay based vitrified sanitary ware body and matching opaque raw glaze.
Summary: In SCI journals: 13, Abstract / full paper published in Conf. Proc. 15
- Asha T. Achuthan and K.N. Maiti, “Examination of Industrial Practice of Ceramic Glaze Making with Emphasis on Particle Size Distribution” Trans. Ind. Ceram. Soc., 66 (2), 2007, 89-96.
- Asha Anil, A. Peer Mohamed and K. N. Maiti, Evaluation of dry as well as thermo-Mechanical properties of porcelain compositions containing colloidal silica as an additive, Trans. Ind. Ceram. Soc., Vol.68, 2009, 99-104.
- Asha Anil, A. Peer Mohamed, R.M. Savsani and S.N. Misra, Crockery ware scraps incorporation in underglaze engobe formulations, IND CERAM, Vol.31 Issue.2 99-105, 2011.
- Asha Anil, Bangoria Darshana R, S.N.Misra “Studies on various functional properties of Titania thin film developed on glazed ceramic wall tiles” Int. J. Mod. Phys. Conf. Ser. 2013.22:79-92 (World Scientific) DOI: 10.1142/S2010194513009951. ISSN: 2010-1945 edited by Manoj Singh Shekhawat.
- Asha Anil, Nirendra Mohan Misra and Satyendra Nath Misra, “Characterization of some red clays from Morbi-Wankaner Region (Gujarat, India), Trans. Ind. Ceram. Soc., Vol.77, No.2, pp. 73-83 (2018).
M. Sc. supervision: 8 (Completed)
Last Updated on February 2, 2021