Dr. Nijhuma Kayal (Mondal)
Membrane and Separation Technology Division
Phone: +91-(033) 23223241
Dr. Nijhuma Kayal (Mondal)Joined CSIR-CGCRI on 14th Sept. 2000
|CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata||Junior Scientist - Principal Scientist||2002-Continuing|
|CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi||Junior Scientist||2000-2002|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry||University of Calcutta|
|M.Sc.||Inorganic Chemistry||University of Calcutta|
- Processing and shape making of porous materials (Restricted sintering, Reaction bonding, Infiltration driven processing, Biomimetic processing, etc.)
- Porous ceramics for hot gas filtration, waste water filtration and high efficiency air filtration applications
- Corrosion resistant high temperature coating (Microporous thick coating, Nanoporous coating) for industrial application
- SiC based layered composite catalytic filter
- Materials Chemistry
Landmark Research Contribution
- Development numbers of cyanate-, thicyante-, azide-, etc bridged polynuclear inorganic complexes with prominent magnetic, electrical and structural properties.
- Development three new complexometric methods for the determination of various constituents in glass and allied samples which made the chemical analysis faster and easier.
- Development of porous SiC ceramics by infiltration driven process for hot gas filtration application
- Development of SiC based bilayered composite filters for energy and environmental applications.
- CSIR – JRF (GATE)
- Post- doc Researcher, UK, 2002-2003
- Awarded Travel fellowship by SERB
- Awarded Travel fellowship by CSIR
- Invited speaker, Materials Science-2013, Las Vegas, USA
- Best Researcher Award, NESIN 2020
- Reviewer of SCI journals
Recent Projects (as Principal Investigator):
- Development of layered SiC ceramic filter for off-gas cleaning, Approved by SERB for funding
- Cleaning of hot gas from high ash containing low grade Indian Coal – CSIR, 2012-2017, Task Leader (Completed).
- Synthesis of oxide bonded porous SiC ceramics by bond phase precursor infiltration technique – DST, 2013-2016 (Completed)
h-index:18, RG score: 32, Total citations:1315
SCI journals: 70 Nos., Book chapter- 1
Conference presentations/proceedings: 34 Nos.
- D. Das, N. Kayal*, G. A. Marsola, D. Filho and M. D. M. Innocentini, Recycling of coal fly ash for fabrication of elongated mullite rod bonded porous SiC ceramic membrane and its application in filtration, J Euro. Ceram. Soc. 40(5) (2020) 2163-2172.
- D. Das, N. Kayal*, G. A. Marsola, L. A. Damasceno and M. D. M. Innocentini, Permeability behaviour of silicon carbide-based membrane and performance study for oily wastewater treatment, Int J Appl Ceram Technol. 17 (2020) 893–906.
- D. Das, S. Baitalik and N. Kayal*, Properties of multiple oxide-bonded porous SiC ceramics prepared by an infiltration technique, Int. J. appl. Ceram. Techol. 17 (2020) 476–483.
- S. Baitalik and N.Kayal*, Thermal shock and chemical corrosion resistance of oxide bonded porous SiC ceramics prepared by infiltration technique, J. Alloy Compd., 781 (2019) 289-3014.
- S. Baitalik, S. K. Dalui, N.Kayal*Mechanical and microstructural properties of cordierite bonded porous SiC ceramics processed by infiltration technique: Influence of pore formers, J. of Mat.Sci., 53(9) (2018) 6350-6365.
M.Tech: 3, B.Tech: 4, Ph.D-1 (awarded), 1 ongoing
Position Available Interested candidate with CSIR-NET may apply directly for pursuing Ph.D
Last Updated on July 1, 2021