Dr. Anal Tarafder
Principal Scientist (Chalcogenide Glass) & Leader
Specialty Glass Division
Phone: +91-033-2322 3324
Dr. Anal TarafderJoined CSIR-CGCRI on 31-01-2006
|CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata||Scientist-B, C & EI [Scientist Gr. 4(1) to Gr. 4(3)]||Jan 2006 to Continuing|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||Senior Research Fellow (SRF)||Aug 2005 to Jan 2006|
|BHEL, Electroporcelains Division (EPD), Bangalore||Executive (Research Associate||Oct 2004 to Jul 2005|
|International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials, Hyderabad||Senior ARCI Fellow (SAF)||Sep 2004 to Oct 2004|
|B. Tech.||Ceramic Technology||University of Calcutta|
|M. Tech.||Ceramic Engineering||IT-BHU, Varanasi|
|Ph. D.||Technology||University of Calcutta|
Patents Filed / Granted
Filed: India – 01, Foreign (USA, Germany, Malaysia, Indonesia and Turkey) – 05
Granted: India – 02, Foreign (China) – 01
Glass Science and Technology with special reference to rare-earth doped various luminescent oxide and non-oxide glasses and transparent nano glass-ceramics for optical, photonics and optoelectronics applications as well as plasmonics and enhanced photoluminescence of rare-earth in nanometal-glass hybrid nanocomposites for nanophotonics, energy and light emitting diode (LED) applications. Synthesis of phosphor in glass (PiG) composite material for solid-state lighting application.
Notable Research Contribution
- Development of process technology for the transparent rare-earth doped LiTaO3 and KNbO3 nano glass-ceramics.
- Development of process technology of lead-free (i) Transparent dielectric (TD), (ii) Barrier rib (BR), (iii) White back (WB) and (iv) Low softening point TD glasses for Plasma Display Panels (PDP).
- Development of process technology for the transparent rare-earth doped Y3Al5O12 (YAG) nano glass-ceramics.
- Development of process technology for the rare-earth doped SrBi2Ta2O9 (SBT) glass-ceramics.
- Development of process technology for the rare-earth doped Zn2SiO4 (ZS) glass-ceramics.
- Development of process technology for Ag0/Au0 and Ag0/Au0 -Er3+ containing plasmonic glass nanocomposites in the K2O-ZnO-SiO2 system.
- Development of process technology for the rare-earth doped KLaSiO4 (KLS) glass-ceramic nanocomposites.
- Development of thermally cyclable glass sealant for SOFC stack
- Development of indigenous process technology for the production of arsenic-free chalcogenide based infrared glasses for thermal imagers
- Development of Phosphor in Glass (PiG) technology for high color rendering white LEDs.
- Development of optical glass for Indian Space Research Organization.
Selected Papers (5 Best):
- R. Kumar, A. R. Molla, A. Chakrabarti and Anal Tarafder, Eu3+-doped transparent potassium lanthanum silicate (KLaSiO4) glass-ceramic nanocomposites: Synthesis, Properties and Application, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 38 (2018) 2639–2648.
- Anal Tarafder, A. R. Molla, C. Dey and B. Karmakar, “Thermal, structural and enhanced photoluminescence properties of Eu3+-doped transparent willemite glass-ceramic nanocomposites”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 96 (2013) 2424-2431.
- Anal Tarafder, A. R. Molla, S. Mukhopadhyay and B. Karmakar, “Synthesis and properties of SrBi2Ta2O9-based glass-ceramics modified with Eu3+”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 95 (2012) 1851-1857.
- Anal Tarafder, A. R. Molla and B. Karmakar, “Processing and properties of Eu3+-doped transparent YAG (Y3Al5O12) nano glass-ceramics”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 93 (2010) 3244–3251.
- Anal Tarafder, K. Annapurna, Reenamoni Saikia Chaliha, V. S. Tiwari, P. K. Gupta and Basudeb Karmakar, “Processing and properties of Eu3+:LiTaO3 transparent glass-ceramic nanocomposites”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 92 (2009) 1934–1939.
- Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) Scholarship Assistantship to pursue M. Tech program in IT-BHU, Varanasi, India during 2002-04.
- Received best Oral presentation award for the paper entitled “Isothermal crystallization of nano LiTaO3 in Nd3+-doped Li2O-Ta2O5-SiO2-Al2O3 glass and their properties” in the ‘International Workshop and Symposium on the Synthesis and Characterization of Glass/Glass-Ceramics (IWSSCGGC-2010)’ held at C-MET, Pune during July 7-10, 2010.
- Best paper award on “Glass and Ceramics” published during the year 2010-2011 from CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata.
Last Updated on September 18, 2020