Dr. Atiar Rahaman Molla
Specialty Glass Technology Division
Phone: +91-033-24733469/96 (Extn. 3340)
Dr. Atiar Rahaman MollaJoined CSIR-CGCRI on 07th February 2001
|CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute (CGCRI), Kolkata||Junior Scientist, Scientist and Senior Scientist||2001-Continuing|
|Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil||Visiting Scientist||February – August 2015|
|CSIR-CGCRI||Junior Research Fellow||1999-2001|
|B. Tech.||Ceramic Technology||University of Calcutta|
|M. Tech.||Materials and Metallurgical Engg.||IIT, Kanpur|
Patents filed / Granted
Patents filed / Granted: 7 (India – 1, one each in USA, Turkey, Germany, China, Malaysia and Indonesia)
- Invited Talk delivered in the International Conference on Advanced Functional Materials (ICAFM2017) at Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Basar, India in December 2017.
- Invited Talkdelivered at International Conference on Condensed Matter and Applied Physics (ICC2017) organized by Engineering College Bikaner, India in November 2017.
- Invited Talk delivered at Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology, Kolkata in April 2016.
- Invited Talk delivered at Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, in December 2015
- Invited Talk delivered at Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil in March 2015.
- Invited Talk delivered at Lehigh University, Pennsylvania, USA in July 2014.
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Merit’ for excellent academic performance by IIT Kanpur in Nov’06
- Best Poster award for the paper, “In-vitro dissolution studies of machinable glass ceramics for Dental implant in Artificial Saliva and Mouse fibroblast (L929)” by Atiar Rahaman Molla and Bikramjit Basu at National Symposium on Science and Technology of Glass and glass ceramics (NSGC-08), BARC, Mumbai, October’08.
- Best Poster paper award for the paper, “Processing and Properties of Bismuth Titanate (Bi4Ti3O12) glasses and Glass-Ceramic Nanocomposites” by Atiar Rahaman Molla, Anal Tarafder and Basudeb Karmakar presented in the “International Workshop and Symposium on the Synthesis and Characterization of Glass/Glass-Ceramics” (IWSSCGCG-2010) organised by C-MET, Pune and held at Pune, india during July 7-10,
- Best Poster paper award for the paper, “Transparent Eu3+ – doped Bismuth Titanate Glass-ceramic Nanocomposites: Fabrication and Properties” by Atiar Rahaman Molla, Anal Tarafder and Basudeb Karmakar, presented in the International Conference on Specialty Glass and Optical Fiber: Materials, Technology and Devices (ICGF-2011) organised by CGCRI, Kolkata and held at Kolkata, India during August 4-6, 2011.
- Best paper award for the paper published in SCI journal from CGCRI in ceramics category for the paper entitled, “Processing and Properties of Eu3+ -doped Transparent YAG (Y3Al5O12) Nano Glass-Ceramics,” by Anal Tarafder, Atiar Rahaman Molla and Basudeb Karmakar, Journal of The American Ceramic Society, 93 (2010) 3244–51.
- Materials Sciences with special references to the Glass Science and Technology, particularly in glass-ceramics for applications in armours, photonics and optoelectronics etc. Special interest on rare-earth doped luminescent, ferroelectric glass-ceramics for photonics, opto-electronics, memory and energy storage applications. Novel chalcogenide glasses of high refractive indices for processing of raw diamonds, thermal imaging and rare earth doped chalcogenide glasses/glass-ceramics for various photonics and optoelectronic applications.
Notable Research Contribution
- Developed Glasses & glass-ceramics containing Bi4Ti3O12 (BiT), BaBi4Ti4O15 (BBTi), CaBi2Ta2O9 (CBT) and Bi3TiNbO9 (BTN) ferroelectric crystals etc. for applications in photonics, opto-electronics, memory and energy storage. Transparent lithium disilicate, gahnite and spinel (MgAl2O4) based high strength glass-ceramics have been developed for armor applications. Novel Chalcohalide glasses based on As-S-I system have been developed for processing of raw diamonds.
- Atiar Rahaman Molla and Bikramjit Basu, “Microstructure, mechanical, and in vitro properties of Mica Glass-ceramics with varying fluorine content”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 20:869–882 (2009).
- Atiar Rahaman Molla, Anal Tarafder, Siddhartha Mukherjee and Basudeb Karmakar, “Processing and Properties of Eu+3 – doped Ferroelectric Barium Bismuth Titanate (BaBi4Ti4O15) Glass-ceramic Nanocomposites,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 96 , 2387-95(2013).
- A.R. Molla, C.R. Kesavulu, R.P.S. Chakradhar, A. Tarafder, S.K. Mohanty, J.L. Rao, B. Karmakar, S.K. Biswas, “Microstructure, mechanical, thermal, EPR, and optical properties of MgAl2O4:Cr3+ spinel glass–ceramic nanocomposites,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 583, 498–509 (2014).
- Atiar Rahaman Molla, Anal Tarafder, Chirantan Dey, and Basudeb Karmakar, “Synthesis and Properties of ZnTe and Eu3+ ion Co-doped Glass Nanocomposites,” Journal of Applied Physics, 116, 163510 (2014).
- Atiar Rahaman Molla, Anal Tarafder, Nibedita Sasmal, Janak Mistry and Basudeb Karmakar “Synthesis and Characterization of Low Tg As-S-I Chalcohalide Glass for Processing of Raw Diamonds,” International Journal of Applied Glass Science and Technology 8 (2017) 132-135.
- Anirban Chakrabarti, Kaushik Biswas and Atiar Rahaman Molla, “Eu3+-doped ferroelectric BaBi2Ta2O9glass-ceramic nanocomposites: Crystallization kinetics and energy storage properties” Journal of Alloys and Compounds 740 (2018) 237-249.
- Anirban Chakrabarti, and Atiar Rahaman Molla, “Eu3+ doped ferroelectric CaBi2Ta2O9 based glass-ceramic nanocomposites: Crystallization kinetics, optical and dielectric properties,” Ceramics International 44 (2018) 7557-7568.
Summary: One (Ongoing);
Topic: synthesis and characterization of transparent ferroelectric glass-ceramics (TFGC)
Last Updated on July 1, 2021