Dr. Shirshendu Chakraborty
Dr. Shirshendu ChakrabortyJoined CSIR-CGCRI on 7th April, 2006
|CSIR-CGCRI||Jr. Scientist to Senior Scientist||2006- till date|
|B. Sc.||Tech.||University of Calcutta|
|M. Tech.||Ceramic Engg.||Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi|
Patents filed / Granted
- A. K. Halder, S. Chakraborty, A. Banerjee, J. Mondal, A. Sen and H.S. Maiti, A functionally graded tin dioxide based composition for gas sensors capable of detecting combustible gases in presence of volatile organic compounds, Indian Patent Appl. No. 642/DEL/04, Dated: 31.03.04.
- S. Chakraborty, S. Ghosh, S. Dasgupta and A. Sen, A method of manufacturing semiconducting combustible gas sensors in thin film form on silica substrate, Indian Patent Appl. No. 2597/DEL/05, Dated: 27.09.05.
- S. Chakraborty, A. Guha, A.K. Halder, J. Mondal, N. Das, S. Dasgupta, A. Sen, H.S. Maiti, A method of improving response and recovery time of semiconducting tin oxide based gas sensors in thick film form for detection of combustible gases”, Indian Patent Appl. No. 674/DEL/06, Dated:10.03.06.
- S. Das, S. Chakraborty, A. Sen, “A composition for making a sensor for selective detection of sulphur dioxide and method of manufacture of the sensor thereof, Indian Patent Appl. no. 530/DEL/08 dated 05.03.2008.
- Glass, Non-Oxide Ceramic, Ultra high temperature ceramics, Refractory, Nanomaterial synthesis
Notable Research contribution:
- Formulation and optimization of optical glass composition
- Formulation and preparation of different sizes of mullite based saggar as a support product during glass melting and top plate for induction furnace
- Sintering and characterization of ultra-high temperature ceramic composites
- Development of process technology for LPG, CNG, Sulfur dioxide
- Demonstration for ceramic coating on glass fibre fabric
- Formulation of ramming mass with different refractory aggregates
No. of R&D Projects: Fifteen (14);
- Completed: Twelve (12); Ongoing: Two (2)
- Total Value of R&D Projects: Rs. 51.28 Cr.
- In SCI Journals: 31
- National/International Conferences : 58
- Chakraborty, P. K. Das, D. Ghosh, Thermodynamics of the oxidation of ZrB2-TiB2, ZrB2-SiC and ZrB2-B4C ceramics, Bulletin of Materials Science, 42 (5) (2019) 245
- Chakraborty, P. K. Das, D. Ghosh, Spark plasma sintering and structural properties of ZrB2 based ceramics: a review, Reviews on Advanced Materials Science, 44 (2016) 182-93
- Chakraborty, A. R. Mallick, D. Debnath, P. K. Das, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 48 (2015) 150-56.
- Chakraborty, D. Debnath, A. R. Mallick, P. K. Das, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 45A (2014) 6277-84.
- Chakraborty, D. Debnath, A. R. Mallick, P. K. Das, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 46 (2014) 35-42.
- Paper setter and tabulator of Associate membership examination conducted
- Paper setter and tabulator of Associate membership examination conducted by Indian Institute of Ceramics.
- Visiting Researcher (Sep. to Dec., 2018) at Slovakia Academy of Science, Bratislava, Slovakia.
- External Examiner at Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi.
- External Examiner and paper setter at Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.
Membership in organizational / national / international committees:
- Membership in organizational / national / international committees:
- Material Research Society of India (MRSI), Life member
- Indian Ceramic Society of India (InCers), Life member
- Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI), Life member
- Institute of Ceramics (IICERAM), Life member
- M. Tech : Eight
- B.Tech : Three
Last Updated on July 16, 2020