Dr. Ganesh C. Sahoo
Membrane and Separation Technology Division
Phone: (033) 24733496 (Ex. 3462)
Dr. Ganesh C. SahooDr. Sahoo joined CSIR-CGCRI on 21st April, 2005
|CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata||Principal Scientist||2018 - till date|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata||Senior Scientist||2013 - 2018|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata||Scientist||2009 - 2013||CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata||Junior Scientist||2005 – 2009|
|Darjeeling Govt. College||Lecturer||2001 - 2002|
|CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata||Research Associate (CSIR)||2000 – 2005|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry Hons.||Vidyasagar University|
|M.Sc.||Physical Chemistry||Vidyasagar University|
Patent Filed / Granted: 3.
- RBGV Swaika Memorial Award of Oil Technologists’ Association of India (OTAI) – 2015.
- Best Technology Award of CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, 2013-14.
- Best Developmental Project Award of CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, 2015-16.
- Award for presentations in national & International conferences: 3 nos.
- Awarded Junior & Senior Research Fellowship (NET-CSIR)
- Qualified research fellowship (GATE)
- Awarded Research Associateship (CSIR)
- Invited lecturers: 3 nos.
- Member of scientific/technology society: 3 nos.
Ceramic / Composite membrane development and membrane based Separation Science & Technology:
Microporous membrane development using Titania, zirconia, mixed-oxide, bentonite, apatite, carbon, Manganese oxide and Copper oxide over ceramic porous supports.
Ceramic – polymer composite membrane for membrane contactor, pervaporation, membrane distillation applications.
Membrane applications in drinking water, food clarification and wastewater treatment.
Landmark Research Contribution
In SCI journals: 20.
Conference proceedings: 30.
Book chapter: 1.
- Preparation of ceramic ultrafiltration membrane using green synthesized CuO nanoparticles for chromium (VI) removal and optimization by response surface methodology; Piyali Roy Choudhury, Priyanka Mondal, Swachchha Majumdar, Sudeshna Saha, Ganesh C. Sahoo; Journal of Cleaner Production, (2018) 203, 511-520.
- Performance investigation of Pb(II) removal by synthesized hydroxyapatite based ceramic ultraﬁltration membrane: Bench scale study, Piyali RoyChoudhury, Swachchha Majumdar, Subhendu Sarkar, Biswanath Kundu, Ganesh C. Sahoo; Chemical Engineering Journal, (2019) 355, 510-519.
- High pressure ultraﬁltration CuO/hydroxyethyl cellulose composite ceramic membrane for separation of Cr (VI) and Pb (II) from contaminated water; P. Roy Choudhury, S. Majumdar, Ganesh C. Sahoo, Sudeshna Saha, Priyanka Mondal; Chemical Engineering Journal, (2018) 336, 570–578.
- Preparation and Characterization of Microfiltration Apatite Membrane over Low Cost Clay-alumina Support for decolorization of dye solution; G C Sahoo, R Halder, I Jedidi, A Oun, H Nasri, P Roychoudhury, S Majumdar, S Bandyopadhyay, R Ben Amar; Desalination and Water Treatment, (2016) 57(57) 27700-09.
- Degumming, dewaxing and deacidiﬁcation of rice bran oil-Hexane miscella using ceramic membrane: pilot plant Study, Biswajit Roy, Somendra N. Roy, Surajit Dey, Ganesh C. Sahoo, Sibdas Bandyopadhyay; Journal of American Oil Chemists’ Society, (2014) 91(8) 1453–1460.
As(III) oxidation by MnO2 coated PEEK-WC capsules; A. Criscuoli, S. Majumdar, A. Figoli, P. Bafaro, S. Bandyopadhyay, G. C. Sahoo, E. Drioli; Journal of Hazardous Materials, (2012) 211-212, 281-287.
Research / trainee guidance
Ph.D. supervision: 6; Awarded – 1, On-going – 5.
Trainee : 10
Last Updated on July 1, 2021